Site Map      

Re: 1974 Bahamas $100 gold commemorative coin

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Coin Club Moderated Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Coulport on August 08, 2011 at 09:00:30:

In Reply to: 1974 Bahamas $100 gold commemorative coin posted by Shelby on August 08, 2011 at 00:56:24:

: Hello,

: I'm trying to get a ball park estimate of the worth of these coins. They are limited mint 1974 $100 coins, still in their clear plastic casing in their original boxes with their certificates in tow. The back of the coin has four flamingos on it, the front has the image of a woman (clearly a queen or princess). I don't know anything about coins, but have seen other coins from the Bahamas selling anywhere from $100 to $600, and am curious as to the worth of the coins I possess. Can anyone tell me a trustworthy way to get the coins appraised? I live in a fairly small town and don't want to get worked over.

That figure is Queen Elizabeth since the Bahamas is in the British Commonwealth.
There is practacally zero collector interest in those coins. However, since they are .917 gold and contain .161 ounce the bullion value with gold at $1700 per ounce is $273 each.
You should be able to get at least 80% of that. Just stay away from those 'We Buy Gold' shops.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Coin Club Moderated Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

WWWBoard © 2001, All Rights Reserved.
Matt Wright and DBasics Software Company
at 97.117.68.9